1) Suppose we have the following information from a simple regression:
a) What is the coefficient of determination?
b) What is the correlation coefficient?
c) What is the sample mean of Y?
d) Test the hypothesis vs., with α = 0.05.
2) The Daytona Beach Tourism Commission is interested in the average amount of money a typical college student spends per day during spring break. It is presumed that daily spending habits are normally distributed. They survey 35 students and find that the mean daily spending is $63.57 with a samplestandard deviation of $17.32.
a) Develop a 95% confidence interval for the population mean daily spending.
b) What level of confidence is associated with an interval of $58.62 to $68.52 for the population mean daily spending?
3) The sales manager for a hardware wholesaler finds that 229 of the previous 500 calls to hardware store owners resulted in new product placements. Assume these 500 calls represent a random sample.
a) Develop a 95% confidence interval for the population proportion of new product placements.
b) What level of confidence is associated with an interval of .400513 to .515487 for the population proportion of new product placements?
4) A pharmaceutical manufacturer is concerned that the mean impurity concentration in pills should not exceed 2%. It is known that impurity concentrations follow a normal distribution with apopulation standard deviation 0.32%. A random sample of 64 pills from a production run was checked, and the sample mean impurity concentration was found to be 2.05%.
a) Test at the 5% level the null hypothesis that the population mean impurity concentration is 2% or less against the alternative that it is more than 2%.
b) Calculate the p-value for this test.
5) It is hypothesized that the number of bottles of an imported premium beer sold in city restaurants depends linearly on the average cost of meals in these restaurants. The following results were obtained for a sample of n = 20 restaurants of approximately equal size:
y= Number of bottles of imported premium beer sold, and
x= Average cost, in dollars, of a meal.
a) Determine the equation for the sample regression line.
b) Interpret the slope of the sample regression line.
c) Is it possible to provide a meaningful interpretation of the intercept of the sample regression line? Explain.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.