1. Andrew believes the honor roll students at his school have an unfair advantage in being assigned to the math class they request. He asked 500 students at his school the following questions: “Are you on the honor roll?” and “Did you get the math class you requested?” The results are shown in the table below:
|Honor roll||Not on honor roll||Total|
|Received math class requested||215||125||340|
|Did not get math class requested||80||80||160|
Help Andrew determine if all students at his school have an equal opportunity to get the math class they requested. Show your work, and explain your process for determining the fairness of the class assignment process.
2. Tamara is reviewing recent orders at her deli to determine which meats she should order. She found that of 1,000 orders, 450 customers ordered turkey, 375 customers ordered ham, and 250 customers ordered neither turkey nor ham. Based on this data, how many of the next 1,000 customers will order both turkey and ham? Show your work, and use complete sentences.
3. Sherry missed the lesson on normal distribution and needs to do her homework. Explain to Sherry how to use the mean and standard deviation of a normal distribution to determine the top 7% of the population.
4. Andria wants to conduct an experiment to determine whether a new medication is effective in reducing swelling. Explain to Andria the best sampling method, what statistics she should study, and what conclusions she can draw from the experiment.
5. Carlisle conducted an experiment to determine if the there is a difference in mean body temperature for men and women. He found that the mean body temperature for a sample of 100 men was 97.9 with a population standard deviation of 0.57 and the mean body temperature for a sample of 100 women was 98.6 with a population standard deviation of 0.55.
Assuming the population of body temperatures for men and women is normally distributed, calculate the 99% confidence interval and the margin of error for the mean body temperature for both men and women. Using complete sentences, explain what these confidence intervals mean in the context of the problem.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.