This is a five paragraph essay. Choose one of the following essay topics and write a five paragraph essay on that topic. All of these topics are based on the songs in Song Lyrics assignment # 8. This rough draft is worth 25 points.
1. Compare and contrast any two or all three of the following songs: “Crazy Love” (song # 1 in the song packet), “I’m a Loser” (song # 7 in the song packet), and “Saturday Night” (song # 9 in the song packet). How are these two songs (or three songs if you choose to look at all three songs) alike and how are they different as far as the themes in the songs? “All of these songs were written by men. “Crazy Love” was written by Rusty Young when he a member of the group, Poco. “I’m a Loser” was written by John Lennon when he was a member of The Beatles. “Saturday Night” was written by Don Henley and Glenn Frey when they were members of The Eagles. Please identify which songs you are writing about in your essay.
2. Compare and contrast the following four songs in relation to the losses that were suffered by different people in these four songs: “Lodi” by John Fogerty when he was a member of the group, Credence Clearwater Revival (song # 2 in the song packet), “For a Dancer” by Jackson Browne (song # 4 in the song packet), “The Dangling Conversation” by Paul Simon when he was part of the folk group, Simon and Garfunkel (song # 6 in the song packet), and “Last Year’s Man” by Leonard Cohen (song # 10 in the song packet). Which people suffered the greatest losses, in your opinion? You may examine the losses suffered by people in two of the songs, you may choose to look at the losses suffered by three of the songwriters, or you may choose to look at the losses suffered by people in all four of these songs. Please identify which s the song packetongs you are analyzing.
3. Compare and contrast the theology (the religious beliefs) of the two songwriters, Jackson Browne and Leonard Cohen, as their beliefs can be seen in their two songs. The first song is called “For a Dancer” and it was written by Jackson Browne. This is song # 4 in the song packet. The second song is called “Last Year’s Man” and it was written by Leonard Cohen. It is song # 10 in the song packet. How are their religious beliefs alike and how are they different, as can be seen in the lyrics in these two songs? Which of the two songs can you identify with more, based on the religious beliefs you have right now? In other words, which type of spirituality can you relate to better?
This is a five paragraph essay. Both the rough draft and the final draft of this essay must be typed and double spaced. The rough draft is worth 25 points. Every paragraph must have at least six sentences in it. Also, the thesis statement should be the last sentence in your first paragraph (your introduction). The first sentence in this paragraph should be a hook that will grab the reader’s attention. The conclusion (the fifth paragraph) should also contain your thesis statement, either as a restatement of the thesis statement in your first paragraph or as a paraphrase of it. Since you are comparing and contrasting, these are a list of transition words you should be using in your essay. For comparison, you should use some of these transition words: (just) as, (just) like, alike, same, both, equally, resemble, likewise, in like fashion, in like manner, (in) the same way, and (in) common. For contrast, you should use some of these words: but, yet, however, although, nevertheless, still, instead (of), in contrast, on the other hand, on the contrary, converse(ly), opposite, even though, as opposed to, in spite of, despite, rather than , difference, different(ly), differ from, unlike, and while. Use the following transition words in these locations in your essay:
1. Begin the second paragraph with the word “First.”
2. Start the third paragraph with the word “Second.”
3. The fourth paragraph should begin with the word “Finally.”
4. The fifth paragraph should start with the words “In conclusion.”
I do not want you to use the phrase “in my opinion” in this essay. You should only use the following pronouns if you are answering question # 3 (the third topic I have given you from which to choose) and then only for the last parts of this question/topic: “I”, “me”, “my”, “mine” , and “myself”. If you answer either one of the other questions (#’s 1 or 2 from the selection of essay topics), please do not use any of the aforementioned pronouns. Keep this in mind: all of these essay topics are asking you to both compare and contrast. You can do both of these things in the same paragraphs. This would include your second, third, and fourth paragraphs. In addition, you need a title for this essay, and in this title, you should identify which songs you are comparing and contrasting.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.