CHAPTER 7 EOC:
Miche Bag Goes From Idea to Worldwide Success
1. Assess Corbin Church’s plan for selling Miche bags. How was changing his approach from franchising to a direct sales home party approach a more effective strategic plan?
2. Would you characterize Corbin Church’s sales method a standing plan or a single use plan? Why?
3. As the economy improves, should Corbin Church change his plan? In other words, should he consider going back to a franchise model of sales rather than the direct sales home party method he’s currently using?
1. Why would a company ever give any of its products away for free?
2. How does Management by Objectives impact Kaneva’s planning process? Describe why Kaneva’s daily meeting is a stand-up meeting.
3. At the end of the video, CEO Chris Klaus says that Kaneva employees can spend 20 percent of their time on projects outside of the scope of the “roadmap.” What does this mean? Do you approve or disapprove?
CHAPTER 8 EOC:
HP’s Tough Decisions
1. What do you think about Meg Whitman’s decision to keep the PC business at HP? Would you have made the same decision?
2. Using the rational decision making process, evaluate Whitman’s decision. In other words, what was the existing problem, what were the possible alternatives, etc.?
3. How would you characterize the scope of Whitman’s decision? What levels of management were affected? Finally, should Whitman have used consensus in making her choice? Why or why not?
1. Using information provided in the video, give examples of both programmed and non-programmed decisions made by the leaders of Southwest Airlines.
2. Are decisions made by Southwest primarily done so under conditions of risk, uncertainty, or both? Explain your answer.
3. Explain how the rational decision making process was applied to solve a problem at Southwest Airlines.
b. Antioch College’s No-Tuition Strategy
1. Assess Antioch College’s mission statement as it appears above. What is good about this mission and what would you change?
2. What do you think about Antioch College’s no-tuition strategy? Is it sustainable for its first four years? What challenges do you see for the college?
3. What kind of internal and external environment currently exists for Antioch College?
4. Based on what you read here, conduct a brief SWOT analysis of Antioch College.
1. Do the special advantages of having a restaurant on a truck outweigh the disadvantages for the owners of Nom Nom? Explain.
2. What was the strategy of Stankunas and the other owners of Nom Nom when they began the venture? How has this strategy changed or evolved?
3. How does owner David Stankunas feel about planning a business? What advice does he give for would-be entrepreneurs?
CH 10 EOC:
1. Does it seem reasonable that Sherilyn McCoy and Andrea Jung before her were attempting to organize Avon to make it more competitive? Explain.
2. List five questions that McCoy should ask herself in exploring how to best organize Avon.
3. Explain why it would be important for McCoy to ask each of the questions you listed.
b. How 3M is Departmentalized
1. Do you feel that a product departmentalization structure is best for 3M? Why or why not?
2. What challenges do you envision for Buckley in attempting to maintain his current organizational structure?
3. Based on 3M’s departmentalization, do you think it has a very tall organization chart or a very short organizational chart? Why?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.