Background: Kamehameha Institute is an organization that provides educational offerings to non-traditional students. The organization has tailored its unique educational offerings into the groups shown in Table 1 below:
Table 1. Kamehameha Educational Offerings.
GroupOfferingKamehameha BrandedFocused on the general public/provides services directly to its studentsCo-BrandedProvides the same services as Kamehameha Branded but resold by a third party and labeled as “…. Kamehameha Strong”White Label BrandedWhile the service offering is the same, these services are labeled solely with the third parties’ information
The State of Hawai’i regulates the educational sector, driving the need to ensure Kamehameha follows the State’s strict security and regulatory requirements. Kamehameha’s leadership is also very concerned with the threat posed by the online theft of their unique intellectual property. Additionally, the number of Hawai’ian entities breached by threat actors is on the rise. Thus, security, privacy, and compliance are all important considerations for the Kamehameha network architecture.
Your boss, the Kamehameha Institute’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) has tasked you to design a network infrastructure for three facilities located in the Hawaiian Islands of Honolulu, Hilo, and Lihue. The COO stipulated that you must separate the three group offerings in Table 1 and provide for strengthened defenses to protect Kamehameha’s cultural heritage. After meeting with the COO, the two of you drafted the following set of requirements for your network design:
· Each of the facilities has three floors:
· The first and second floor of each building requires 150 network connections each
· The third floor of each building houses a data center and requires 75 network connections
· The Honolulu location requires additional network connections for failover purposes
· The Hilo location will be the primary data center and house redundant database servers
· The Lihue location will serve as a failover data center and house the primary web servers (including the primary application and primary database servers)
· A constant connection between the three locations, carrying at least 75 Mbps of data
· All servers at all locations must have redundancy
· Protection from intrusions is required and should be documented
· A plan to verify security and failover measures is required
· Submission: Using the free tool, daw.io available at https://draw.io (no sign-in or registration required), create a network diagram (drawing) specific to the organization that encompasses the three facilities and also depicts ant necessary interconnections. Figure 1 shows the draw.io ‘new network diagram’ dialog window:
Figure 1. Draw.io New File Dialog Showing the Network Diagramming Templates
Your diagram should include enough detail to show the topology interconnections. The viewer should be able to understand the Kamehameha Institute’s network environment and be able to implement the architecture you develop. Ensure that you properly cite any external sources.
One of the keys to producing a viable network diagram is labeling the objects consistently and descriptively. Think about what you would want to know about a network device if you logged into it with little prior information. Consider location, floor number, or other pertinent information. At a minimum, include the following elements:
· IMPORTANT: Your network diagram must include an identifying label (e.g., callout box) that includes your class and section, assignment title, your name, and the date. Edit the items in italics. Your assignment will not be accepted if this element is missing:
Table 2. Example Network Diagram Callout Box.
CMIT 350 6980 Project #1 Network Diagram Student Name: Name Date: 6/22/2010
· Any necessary hardware
· Site-to-Site (WAN) connections (e.g., leased line connectivity, satellite, etc.)
· Annotate the following values for each of the Sites:
· Network ID
· Useable Range
· Subnet Mask
· CIDR Value
· Broadcast Address
· All devices require hostnames complying with the following naming conventions:
· Routers: Rx; where x is the site number incremented by a value of 1 for each router
· Switches: Sx; where x is the site number incremented by a value of 1 for each switch
· Servers: SRVx where x is the server number incremented by a value of 1 for each server
· For each site router, implement a private ip addressing scheme using a range suitable for corporate infrastructure and include the following:
· management vlan
· production vlan
When finished, export the diagram as a PDF document (Note: You will need to use this diagram again in Project 3, so ensure you save the xml source file!) and submit it to the Assignment folder. Figure 2 demonstrates how to export your draw.io diagram as a PDF document:
Figure 2. Draw.io ‘Export’ as Function to PDF
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
1.1.3: Present ideas in a clear, logical order appropriate to the task.
2.2.2: Evaluate sources of information on a topic for relevance and credibility.
10.1.1: Identify the problem to be solved.
10.1.2: Gather project requirements to meet stakeholder needs.
10.1.3: Define the specifications of the required technologies.
13.1.1: Create documentation appropriate to the stakeholder.
13.2.1: Evaluate vendor recommendations in the context of organization requirements.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.