You are a newly elected Member of Congress. It is up to you as to whether you are a Senator or a Representative from your State. You made several important promises during your campaign and now that you have taken your seat, you need to show the constituents you represent that you are going to fulfill at least one of these promises with a bill you write and introduce into your chamber.
Some links that may help you understand how to write a bill:
To complete this assignment, you must submit the completed Bill Structure Document that clearly illustrates all components of a professionally written bill and address all required elements of the assignment listed in the grading criteria below.
The assignment must be submitted as a Word document. Include APA formatted title and reference page. Be sure to cite any references used in APA format..
BILL WRITING CHECKLIST
Clarity of Bill’s Purpose
■ The title of the bill is broad and does not editorialize or mislead.■ Any definitions are clear and are in section 1.
The section needs to:
1) identifies the term to be defined
2) identifies the class to which the term belongs
3) identifies the difference between this term and all other in the class. For example: A computer catalog (term to be identified) is an index (class to which the term belongs) of all the books in a given library (difference between a computer catalog and all other indexes)
4) uses terminology suitable for the audience.
■ Any conditions placed on the application of the bill are clear (exceptions, limitations); use “if” at the start of the sentence.■ Purpose section and the body of the bill are consistent in their purposes■ Early sections contain the major part of what you want the bill to do■ The last section contains the enactment clause ■ The purpose of the bill is clear – i.e.; what will happen if it is enacted■ Sections are consistent (no contradictions within the bill)■ Actions are clearly stated
■ Solution proposed in the legislation is appropriate to the problem■ Solution is thorough and clear■ Definitions are clear ■
(SENATE OR HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES) OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Primary Sponsor:Rep. or Sen. _____________________
Secondary Sponsor: Rep. or Sen. _____________________
(NOTE: Every line must be numbered)
1. PURPOSE:(Briefly state what will be achieved by this bill.) The purpose of this bill is to . . . 2. 3. The (Senate or House of Representatives) of the United States of Americahereby enacts as follows: 4. 5. SECTION 1:Short Title6. This act shall be known and may be cited as the “YOUR TITLE HERE” Act7. 8. SECTION 2:DEFINITIONS9. Suggestion: address the definitions section AFTER writing the rest of the bill. Read through the bill and pull out unfamiliar terms or terms that10. should be defined in order to strengthen the bill.11. 12. SECTION 3:(SECTION TITLE)13. Use as many sections as necessary to describe your proposed course of action. Each new idea should begin a new section. This is the HOW of 14. your proposal and not the WHY. Save your arguments for debate.15. 16. SECTION __:Funding17. What are the cost implications of your proposal. Will the government incur costs due to this bill? Does your bill authorize funding (i.e. a new tax or 18. fee to pay for the proposal)? What department or or agency would be responsible for funding19. 20. SECTION __:Regulations21. Which department or agency would be responsible for implementing the bill (regulations and enforcement responsibilities)?22. 23. SECTION __:Penalties(for example: misdemeanor/felony; fines for disobedience)24. 25. SECTION __:Effective Date26. This bill shall take effect . . . (how long after passage before the law is implemented)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.