1. If investors prefer firms that retain most of their earnings, then a firm that wants to maximize its stock price should set a low payout ratio. A) True B) False
2. If a firm adopts a residual distribution policy, distributions are determined as a residual after funding the capital budget. Therefore, the better the firm’s investment opportunities, the lower its payout ratio should be. A) True B) False
3. Stock dividends and stock splits should, at least conceptually, have the same effect on shareholders’ wealth. A) True B) False
4. Blease Inc. has a capital budget of $625,000, and it wants to maintain a target capital structure of 60% debt and 40% equity. The company forecasts a net income of $475,000. If it follows the residual dividend policy, what is its forecasted dividend payout ratio? A) 40.61% B) 42.75% C) 45.00% D) 47.37% E) 49.74%
5. Becker Financial recently completed a 7-for-2 stock split. Prior to the split, its stock sold for $90 per share. If the total market value was unchanged by the split, what was the price of the stock following the split? A) $23.21 B) $24.43 C) $25.71 D) $27.00 E) $28.35
6. Different borrowers have different risks of bankruptcy, and bankruptcy is costly to lenders. Therefore, lenders charge higher rates to borrowers judged to be more at risk of going bankrupt. A) True B) False
7. A firm’s business risk is largely determined by the financial characteristics of its industry, especially by the amount of debt the average firm in the industry uses. A) True B) False
8. The trade-off theory states that the capital structure decision involves a tradeoff between the costs and benefits of debt financing. A) True B) False
9. Elephant Books sells paperback books for $7 each. The variable cost per book is $5. At current annual sales of 200,000 books, the publisher is just breaking even. It is estimated that if the authors’ royalties are reduced, the variable cost per book will drop by $1. Assume authors’ royalties are reduced and sales remain constant; how much more money can the publisher put into advertising (a fixed cost) and still break even? A) $600,000 B) $466,667 C) $333,333 D) $200,000 E) None of the above
10. Vu Enterprises expects to have the following data during the coming year. What is Vu’s expected ROE? Assets $200,000 Interest rate 8%D/A 65% Tax rate 40%EBIT $25,000 A) 12.51% B) 13.14% C) 13.80% D) 14.49% E) 15.21%
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.