1. Which of the following is a correct statement about scheduling outside time?
A. The best time for teachers to schedule outside time is as soon as children arrive.
B. The best time for teachers to schedule outside time is after learning center time, right before lunch.
C. The best time for teachers to schedule outside time is immediately after morning snack or breakfast.
D. There’s no best time for outside time; it depends on the needs of the children, staff availability, and access to common spaces.
2. Which of the following is an example of a project-approach activity for a preschool class?
A. All the children who are ready for literacy activities work in a group; those who aren’t ready play with the blocks.
B. At 9:00 in the morning every day, half the children in the class do sorting and counting activities while the other half work on an art project. After 20 minutes, the groups switch.
C. A class spends several days on various activities about the plumbing in their building, including a field trip to the basement to see how the water heater works.
D. The children work together painting a large cardboard box that they can use in pretend play to represent anything they want.
3. Which of the following is a false statement about developing writing skills?
A. Word walls are an important part of the writing center.
B. Children should be encouraged to draw ideas before writing about them.
C. Children should be started out writing on lined paper, to help them develop written language properly from the beginning.
D. Children should be encouraged to read back what they’ve written.
4. Which is the least mature grip on a writing implement?
A. Fist grip with the thumb away from the point
B. Fist grip with the thumb toward the point
C. Tripod grip with fingers well away from the tip
D. Tripod grip with the implement resting on the index finger, near the tip
5. Oral language development between the ages of 3 and 6 includes all of the following except
A. learning to use language expressively with others.
B. developing phonological awareness.
C. writing argumentative essays.
D. building a strong receptive vocabulary.
6. Which of the following is the best definition of phonological awareness?
A. Ability to follow verbal instructions
B. Awareness that the speech stream consists of a sequence of sounds or phonemes
C. Awareness of the smallest unit of sound
D. Sensitivity to units of sound used in the English language
7. Using essential theme criteria, which would probably be the most appropriate theme for a group of
suburban preschool-age children living in Michigan?
B. The desert
D. Santa Claus
8. Which of the following is not part of negotiating a conflict?
A. Accepting reasonable disagreement
B. Enforcing your preferred solution
C. Listening to and acknowledging others’ rights, opinions, and feelings
D. Explaining the reasons behind a suggested solution
9. Which of the following is not a good play-intervention strategy?
10. The development of fine motor skills requires all of the following except
11. Which of the following is not a good approach to teaching health, nutrition, and safety for preschool
A. Explain that children should be more conscious of health, safety, and nutrition than their teachers.
B. Develop themes related to health, safety, and nutrition topics.
C. Plan instructional activities to teach health, safety, and nutrition content.
D. Incorporate health, safety, and nutrition into daily events and routines.
12. _______ awareness describes the perceptual motor skills most closely associated with understanding
complex rhythm patterns.
13. _______ awareness describes the perceptual motor skills most closely associated with understanding
how the child’s own body is in space (up/down, on/off).
14. Which of the following is the most suitable theme for preschool age children?
A. The hazards of electricity
B. Plants in the classroom
C. Predicting the weather
D. Gravitational theory
15. Which of the following is not something to be considered when selecting a theme for a particular group of children?
A. The availability of resources
B. Curriculum requirements
C. Whether it involves technology
D. The relevance of the topic to the children
16. The purpose of using activities related to diverse cultures is to provide opportunities
A. to learn languages other than English quickly.
B. for children to feel more comfortable with people less familiar to them.
C. to make the dramatic play area more interesting.
D. for learning experiences about the dominant culture.
17. Social _______ describes the focus area(s) of the social domain.
18. What is the relationship between sounds and letters in the written language known as?
19. Which of the following strategies is best for teaching motor skills?
A. Telling children to try harder
B. Experimentation and strict correction
C. Suppressing motor skills that may be developing early
D. Coaching and demonstration
20. Children with well-developed social skills are not often viewed as
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.