You will write a 9-page project in which you do three case studies. The case
studies may or may not come from the Global Derivatives Debacles book. One case must be related to Forwards/Futures, one to swaps, and one to options. For this project, you will choose real-life examples and will find in practice how
companies/industries use the financial instruments discussed in class. My
preference is for a description of how the use of a derivative was relevant in
understanding a historical event (a financial crisis, a big company collapsing
because of bad risk taking or fraud, how a city was rebuilt, or a war financed,
how a historical circumstance gave rise to the creation a derivative…) Citing
your sources will be crucial for a good grade. I want to see that you looked at
financial news and respectable sources to find the information needed. The
project can be written in groups of 2, or individually.
*If, and only if, you turn in a case for “evaluation” before the exam for
that section, I will give you feedback. All three cases must be turned in as
one project at the end of the semester.
Rubric for project grade:
– Good topic and supporting articles
– Detailed and clear explanation
– Organized presentation and format
– Completeness & length
Info on project
If you choose to do as case study one of the stories in the suggested book, which I highly encourage, this suggestions are for you:
– Your case study should consist on: a brief summary of what happened plus a detailed answer to the questions at the end of the chapter. (Each story in the book ends with a list of questions that can be answered with the information in the chapter).
– Skim all the cases and read twice the one you choose for each type of derivative. First, go through the details and try to figure out what happened. Write down what you don’t understand and come to my office to ask me. Then, go back to the chapter looking for the particular answers to the questions at the end.
– Each case study should be around 3-4 pages, 1.5 or double spaced. Use times new roman or book antiqua, size 12. 1-inch margins. Any graphs can be hand made, but very tidy. The graphs are not part of the 3-4 pages measure.
– For the entire project (the 3 cases put together), do a cover page, and a content page. Put graphs/appendix at the end of each case.
– Use your own words to explain things. I have the book, I don’t need you to type whole sentences from the chapter. I want your version, in your words, of what you understand happened.
Due date: Dec 12 at noon. In my office. Printed copy. NO EMAILING.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.