BUSN 319 Final Exam
1. (TCO 4) Three commonly used methods of evaluating marketing programs are (Points : 5)
2. (TCO 1) Ideally in effective marketing planning, goals should be _____ in terms of what is to be accomplished and when. (Points : 5)
3. (TCO 3) Which marketing strategy focuses on a single market segment but adds additional product lines? (Points : 5)
4. (TCO 1) Based on relative competitive scope (broad target to narrow target) and source of competitive advantage (lower cost to differentiation), Porter’s four generic business strategies are differentiation, cost focus, cost leadership, and (Points : 5)
5. (TCO 2) Which of the following pieces of information is used in the implementation phase of the strategic marketing process? (Points : 5)
6. (TCO 6) Which of the following pieces of information is used in a SWOT analysis, the first step of the planning phase of the strategic marketing process? (Points : 5)
7. (TCO 3) The first decision in developing an advertising program is to (Points : 5)
8. (TCO 2) The proper blend of elements in the promotional mix depends on the type of product. The three specific characteristics to be considered are _____, risk, and ancillary services. (Points : 5)
9. (TCO 4) Reminding buyers of the product’s existence is the promotional objective during which stage of the product life cycle? (Points : 5)
10. (TCO 2) The _____ can be used to inform prospective buyers about the benefits of the product. (Points : 5)
11. (TCO 8) Which of the following statements about the terms used for marketing intermediaries is true? (Points : 5)
12. (TCO 7) Which of the following statements about the legal and regulatory aspect of pricing is true? (Points : 5)
13. (TCO 2) Pricing objectives may change depending on (Points : 5)
14. (TCO 3) The ratio of perceived benefits to _____ is called value. (Points : 5)
15. (TCO 6) Market segmentation involves aggregating prospective buyers into groups that will respond similarly to a marketing action and (Points : 5)
16. (TCO 5) The process of continually acquiring information on events occurring outside the organization to identify and interpret potential trends is called (Points : 5)
17. (TCO 1) The marketing department helps keep the organization focused on creating value both for it and for customers. This is accomplished by (Points : 5)
18. (TCO 1) Which of the following acts as a barrier to the development of relationship marketing? (Points : 5)
19. (TCO 1) Your neighbor is tired of conventional soft drinks and wants something different. Coincidentally, Cadbury Beverages Inc. has begun distributing Country Time lemonade through the supermarket at a price comparable to that of soft drinks. Which of the conditions needed for marketing to occur is described in this situation? (Points : 5)
20. (TCO 6) Kraft produces Lunchables, a prepackaged meal usually consisting of several crackers, small slices of meat, and small slices of cheese. Some versions contain Capri Sun drinks. Others are called Cracker Stackers and Fun Fuel. The box is bright yellow and the quantity of food contained within is small. The target market for Kraft Lunchables is most likely (Points : 5)
21. (TCO 3) Which element of the marketing mix is demonstrated when the Mars Company has a sale on M&M’s® brand candies? (Points : 5)
22. (TCO 5) The Lemon Tree is a high-fashion boutique selling top-of-the-line women’s clothing and accessories. The keys to its success include knowing the customers’ changing tastes and providing something different from other retailers. In addition, because of the high value of the merchandise, The Lemon Tree’s management is exploring the use of computerized inventory controls and sales order processing. From this description, one can infer that the environmental category of least importance to The Lemon Tree is (Points : 5)
23. (TCO 7) In 1998, F. Hoffman-LaRoche Ltd. and BASF AG, two international pharmaceutical companies, were ordered to pay $725 million in fines for plotting to raise and fix prices of vitamins used in virtually every home in the United States. This is an example of how _____ forces affect the marketing environment. (Points : 5)
24. (TCO 6) Mile High Frozen Foods is a distributor for McDonald’s. It also bakes the buns used by McDonald’s in several states. Mile High purchases flour, yeast, and sesame seeds, manufactures the buns, and then distributes them to the retail stores. Mile High Frozen Foods is operating in a(n) _____ market. (Points : 5)
25. (TCO 1) Several years ago, SwissAir made some unwise investments to pay for a planned expansion. As a result, the company had to make some cost-cutting moves that alienated its customers. Eventually the company declared bankruptcy, regrouped, and found itself able to resume business. Its board of directors recently announced that the company would like to resume flying. Before resuming flying, SwissAir needed to determine what percentage of its former customers it could expect to return to the airline. If not enough former customers were willing to use SwissAir again, the resumption of flights would not be profitable. The determination of the percentage of returning patrons that would be needed to resume operation is an example of a (Points : 5)
26. (TCO 3) When Marine Midland Bank sent market researchers with surveys door-to-door in the neighborhoods of its branch banks to ask people with savings accounts why they did not also have checking accounts and credit cards with Marine Midland, the researchers were gathering _____ data. (Points : 5)
27. (TCO 4) Sara Burns is the owner of a company called Spice and was looking for a new product to go with her company’s line of food condiments when a friend suggested combining spices with tea. In the _____ stage of the new-product process, the spices and tea mixtures were exposed to prospective consumers under realistic purchase conditions. (Points : 5)
28. (TCO 4) A few years ago, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire premiered as the first nighttime game show in several decades. The marketing for the show was intent on making television viewers aware of its existence and excited enough about the show that they would watch the first episode. Based on this description, in which stage of the product life cycle would this show be? (Points : 5)
29. (TCO 8) In an episode of the Andy Griffith television series, two local farmers were selling the produce they grew on their farms from the backs of their pickup trucks to local people who drove by on the road. The farmers selling their products without wholesalers or retailers were an example of a (Points : 5)
30. (TCO 2) Disney is using an integrated marketing communications program (IMC) to promote group travel to its theme parks, because (Points : 5)
31. (TCO 2) When a news story covers a terrible disaster and viewers are asked to send donations to the American Red Cross, the American Red Cross is receiving (Points : 5)
32. (TCO 8) For several years, advertisements for Arm & Hammer Baking Soda have prompted consumers to place an opened box of the product in the refrigerator to lessen food odor and to replace that box monthly. The same ads advise customers to pour the used box down their kitchen sinks to freshen drains. Arm & Hammer employed a _____ strategy in its attempt to sell more baking soda. (Points : 5)
33. (TCO 3) Imagine that you are creating a marketing plan for a company that will sell motor scooters . As you consider the marketing program, what types of strategy should you consider including in the plan? Propose one specific example of each type of strategy that you are considering, and present your rationale (reasoning) for your strategy selections. (Points : 30)
34. Discriminate between primary data and secondary data and their usefulness to business decision making, being sure to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each. Your response should also identify the typical sources for primary and secondary data and what you would rely on most heavily in making your marketing decisions. (Points : 30)
35. (TCO 4) You are the product manager responsible for a horrible product failure, but in your wisdom, you are evaluating why the product failed. What factors would you consider in your evaluation? What actions could you have taken to prevent the failure? Does product innovation need a willingness to accept failure? (Points : 30)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.