1. One of the accounting concepts upon which adjustments for prepayments and accruals are based is:
2. In a service-type business, revenue is considered earned:
at the end of the month.
at the end of the year.
when the service is performed.
when cash is received.
3. On April 1, 2010, M Corporation paid $48,000 cash for equipment that will be used in business operations. The equipment will be used for four years and will have no residual value. M records depreciation expense of $9,000 for the calendar year ending December 31, 2010. Which accounting principle has been violated?
Revenue recognition principle
No principle has been violated because M has correctly matched the expense for using the equipment to the period during which it generated revenue.
Matching principle because the cash was paid in 2007 and should be expensed in 2007.
4. The following is selected information from M Corporation for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2010:
Cash received from customers $300,000
Revenue earned 350,000
Cash paid for expenses 170,000
Expenses incurred 200,000
Based on the accrual basis of accounting, what is M Corporation’s net income for the year ending October 31, 2010?
5. Adjusting entries are made to ensure that:
expense are recognized in the period in which they are incurred.
revenues are recorded in the period in which they are earned.
balance sheet and income statement accounts have correct balances at the end of an accounting period.
All of the above
6. Detailed records of movements in merchandise (each purchase and sale) are not maintained in the inventory account in a:
perpetual inventory system.
periodic inventory system.
double entry accounting system.
business that sells expensive merchandise.
7. Hunter Company purchased merchandise inventory with an invoice price of $12,000 and credit terms of 2/10, n/30. What is the net cost of the goods if Hunter Company pays within the discount period?
8. Lindy’s Market recorded the following events involving a recent purchase of merchandise:
Received goods for $80,000, terms 2/10, n/30.
Returned $2,000 of the shipment for credit.
Paid $500 freight on the shipment.
Paid the invoice within the discount period.
As a result of these events, the company’s merchandise inventory:
increased by $76,440.
increased by $78,000.
increased by $76,940.
increased by $76,840.
9. The Freight-in account:
increases the cost of merchandise purchased.
is contra to the Purchases account.
is a permanent account.
has a normal credit balance.
10. Which statement is false?
Taking a physical inventory involves actually counting, weighing, or measuring each kind of inventory on hand.
No matter whether a periodic or perpetual inventory system is used, all companies need to determine inventory quantities at the end of each accounting period.
An inventory count is generally more accurate when goods are not being sold or received during the counting.
Companies that use a perpetual inventory system must take a physical inventory to determine inventory on hand on the balance sheet date and to determine cost of goods sold for the accounting period.
11. Of the following companies, which one would not likely employ the specific identification method for inventory costing?
Music store specializing in piano sales
Custom Jewelry store
12. Which of the following statements is true regarding inventory cost flow assumptions?
A company may use more than one cost-flow assumption concurrently for different product lines.
A company must comply with the method specified by industry standards.
A company must use the same method for domestic and foreign operations.
A company may never change its inventory costing method once it has chosen a method.
13. In a period of declining prices, which of the following inventory methods generally results in the lowest balance sheet figure for inventory?
Average cost method
Need more information to answer
14. The figure for which of the following items is determined at a different time under the perpetual inventory method than under the periodic method?
Cost of Goods Sold
15. Two categories of expenses in merchandising companies are:
cost of goods sold and financing expenses.
operating expenses and financing expenses.
cost of goods sold and operating expenses.
sales and cost of goods sold.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.