Describe the difference between using Statistics and using Summarize functions on a field.
DISCUSSION ANSWER should be at least 100 words with References.
I. SHORT ANSWERS Limit your answer to no more than 10-20 words
1. Explain the difference between attribute data and spatial data and give an example of each. Do we need to input both data to GIS? Explain your answer
2. Even with the increasing availability of digital sources, why might one still consider tracing from paper sources for a GIS project?
3. What is the difference between “spatial entities” and “continuous fields”? When we use an entity- based approach and a field-based approach. Give examples.
4. Name four DISADVANTAGES of raster data structure (name more for extra points)
5. Describe how would you create a new ArcGIS layer of the rivers (rivers.lyr), that go through three states: Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania?
6. Describe the steps in reclassifying the generic map of Virginia to the map of population. What steps do you need to do? What layers/data do you need for this?
II. MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS
Check or circle the correct answer.
1. In the World of GIS, another term for the spatial feature (object) is:
2. Which of the following is the example of non-spatial data?
The number of rooms in an office building
The path of a highway between two cities
The vegetation patterns
The location of supermarkets in Fairfax, VA
3. Which of the following are NOT the advantages of vector data structure?
Compact data structure
Accurate graphic representation Overlay analysis is easy
Network analysis is easy
III. TRUE AND FALSE QUESTIONS Mark with T=True or F=False the following statements
1. Today success or failure with GIS depends more on technology, but not on the conceptual models of
2. GIS analyst spends much more time on creation than on verification a model
3. In a GIS attribute information and spatial information are linked to each other
4. Spatial environmental surface analysis and modeling is easy with CAD systems
5. When you select the spatial feature on a map in ArcGIS, the attribute information about the same feature has to be found and selected separately
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.